As President and Chief Executive Officer of Synchrony Financial, Margaret Keane brings with her a passion for emerging technology and employee development, both of which have solidified her reputation as a leader in the field.
Margaret led the Retail Card platform at GE Capital as President and CEO beginning in 2004, later expanding her responsibilities to become President and CEO of the GE Capital Retail Finance business in 2011. In her 18 years at GE Capital, she held additional leadership roles spanning consumer finance, vendor financial services, operations and quality. She began her career at Citibank, where she provided leadership in Sales, Marketing and Operations over the course of 16 years.
As a leader, Margaret is also known for championing her employees, having initiated several development programs at GE Capital and serving on the cabinet of the GE Women’s Network. She expanded the business focus on ecommerce and mobile capabilities, developing new tools for business clients and consumers alike.
- Named to Fortune's "Businessperson of the Year" list in 2016 (#33).
- Named to Fortune's "Most Powerful Women" list in 2015 (#33).
- Named one of American Banker’s Top 25 Most Powerful Women in Finance for nine consecutive years.
- Served on the cabinet of GE Women’s Network.
- Earned an MBA in Marketing and a Bachelor's degree in Political Science from St. John’s University.